Monday, August 13 2012
I had a grand experience working Sunday for Desertgate. We were creating a new connection between United World College and New Mexico Highlands University, in itself a pretty cool link. I also got to work for the first time on a Man lift:
(genie_man_lift) Oh man these things are great: Up/Down-left/right-swing-this-way and that, pretty much the bucket goes anywhere you need it. Yeah, I felt like a kid again.
Lifted-Brian-Aug-12th-2012-looking-down-Porkchop I was having so much fun, when I was done with phase one of the equipment swap, I remembered I should have taken some pictures. These photos are the result.
Lifted-Brian-Aug-12th-2012-looking-down-Porkchop-Max-Ron I suggested they wear their hardhats. Honestly I was in hog heaven with not a care in the world.
Lifted-Brian-Aug-12th-2012-looking-up-Porkchop Yeah, I zoomed the lift up around twenty feet, probably about a quarter of the way it can go. I needed a couple good pictures.
Lifted-Brian-Aug-12th-2012-downhill-view Porkchop hill is a mesa in the middle of Las Vegas.
Lifted-Brian-Aug-12th-2012-temp-tower First thing I did was setup this temporary tower in the back of the truck. The base I made a few weeks ago. The brackets I built a few days ago and were to move some of the less heavy back haul antennas to making room for the absurdly large Motorola back haul that is pointing to NMHU, seen below.
Lifted-Brian-Aug-12th-2-12-Eric What can I say about Eric that his smile doesn't say?
We had to leave the mountaintop because a storm blew in. Lightening was cracking nearby. Ron said Porkchop was the second highest point in Las Vegas. I never got around to asking what the highest point is. We were in a very dangerous place and we left the job incomplete. I got to go home, but Sean, Ron, and Eric intended to wait out the storm, and go back.
I know it rained here until dark with a couple breaks. This was the best rain all Summer
- BMN M$ Windows blows, Brian rocks (7) Brian’s Morning Newsletter September 25th 2009 Good morning When the…
- BMN Brian Treed Again, Drainage System, Still No Rain (6.4) Brian's Morning Newsletter Tuesday, July 24 2012 TreeMan-Tusas2012 Brian-treed-Tusas2012 (Tusas2012-Brian-Treed)I'm…
- BMN Blades Adam & Brian (6.1) Brian's Morning Newsletter Monday, July 18 2011 Good Morning, great…
- Brian Heart-Broken – Cujo Dies (5.9) I don't think I can do this …
- BMN Too High? Nah (5.5) Brian's Morning Newsletter Thursday, February 23 2012 (Jeep-old-Las-Vegas) Most…
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.